Paneer Lababdar Recipe
How to make restaurant style rich Paneer Lababdar at home
Paneer Lababdar Recipe – step by step presentation of restaurant style Paneer Lababdar Recipe. Soft cubed paneer pieces cooked with tomato cream rich gravy with the flavor of rich Indian spices.
Paneer Lababdar is one of the famous Punjabi gravy dishes that one can find in almost all restaurants main course menu. The Paneer is a protein rich, healthy diet option for vegetarian people.
This paneer recipe is simple yet unique in taste. Paneer coated with sauté onion and Tomato, cashew nut gravy give this gravy dish a rich texture and super creamy taste. This paneer lababdar gravy goes well with roti, paratha or naan. You can try this with jeera rice or matar pulao too.
Ingredients for Paneer Lababdar Recipe
Cottage Cheese (Paneer) – 200 Gram
Onion – 1 large / 1 ½ medium size
Tomato – 4 Medium Sizes
Ginger (Adrak) – 1 small piece
Garlic Clove – 3
Cream – ½ Cup
Roasted Cumin Powder (Jeera powder) – 1 Tea Spoon
Bay Leaf (Tez Patta) – 2
Butter / Ghee – 2 Table Spoon
Cinnamon Stick – 1 small piece
Clove (Laung) – 3
Black Cardamom (Kali Elichi) – 1
Cashew Nut (Kaju) – 15
Red Chilli Powder – 1 Tea Spoon (little less)
Coriander Powder (Dhaniya Powder) – 1 ½ Tea Spoon
Garam Masala – ½ Tea Spoon
Sugar – 1 Tea Spoon
Salt – according to taste
Fresh coriander leaves – few for garnishing
Basic preparation of Paneer Lababdar Recipe
- Wash tomatoes and roughly chop.
- Now take a glass of water in a pan; add chopped tomatoes, cashew nuts, ginger, garlic, black cardamom, clove and cinnamon stick.
- Cook tomatoes until becoming soft. Cover the pan with a lid for faster cooking.
- Let the mixture cool down and then make a smooth paste of it.
- Cut paneer into cubic form and grate 3 pieces for gravy and garnishing.
Method of making Paneer Lababdar Recipe
Step 1: Heat butter / ghee in a frying pan and add bay leaves and chopped onion. Sauté chopped onion until turns translucent.
Step 2: Now add the Tomato spice paste and stir well. Cook for one minute and then add salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder and sugar. Stir well and cook until gravy start leaving oil from corners.
Step 3: Now add fresh cream and stir well. Let it cook until a boil come and then add ½ cup water or little more and cook for 3 minutes.
Step 4: Now add paneer pieces and grated paneer. Stir gently and sprinkle roasted cumin powder. Cook for the next two minutes and then turn the gas off.
Paneer Lababdar is ready to serve. Garnish it with fresh chopped coriander leaves and grated paneer. Serve it with hot roti or naan.
Few useful tips for Paneer Lababdar Recipe
- Make sure you are using red pulpy tomatoes in the recipe, do not use Tangy tomatoes.
- You can use Kasuri Methi (dried fenugreek leaves) for this recipe too. Add fenugreek at step 4.
- I have used ghee for sauté onion. You can use butter or refined oil too.
- Add or decease red chilli powder according to your requirement.
- For cumin powder, roast Cumin seed in a pan till become dark brown and then grind it.