Pudina flavored Besan Tikha Gathiya Recipe
How to make Besan Gathia / Gujarat specialty Besan Tikha Gathiya with a spicy mint flavor.
Pudina flavored Besan Tikha Gathiya – step by step presentation of famous Gujarati snacks Besan Tikha Gathiya / Besan Gathia recipe. I have given a mint flavored twist to this traditional dish.
Crispy, crunchy, deep fried string shaped snacks goes well with many street foods and Nameens. Sprinkle a handful of Pudina flavored Besan Tikha Gathiya on dahi bhalla and sees the difference in the taste. It’s an ultimate side dish with your meal too. Festival special Pudina flavored Besan Tikha Gathiya recipe is a simple and easily made dish at home. It will hardly take 20 minutes to complete all the process and yummy, tasty market like besan gathia is all yours.
Ingredients for Pudina flavored Besan Tikha Gathiya / Besan Gathia
Chickpea flour (Besan) – 1 cup
Dried mint – 1 Table Spoon crushed
Oil – 2 Table Spoon
Asafetida (Hing) – 2 pinch
Garam Masala – ½ Tea Spoon
Salt – according to taste
Water – ¼ cup or little less
Oil – for frying
Basic preparation of making Pudina flavored Besan Tikha Gathiya / Besan Tikha Gathiya
- In a mixing bowl or plate takes all the dry ingredients and mix well using a spoon.
- Now add two table spoons of oil and mix it using finger tips. Rub it, at least for a minute.
- Now add water little at a time and mix using finger tips. Knead soft dough and keep it in an airtight container for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grease your Tikha Gathiyaai machine with little oil and bring out the medium size dotted disk of the machine for making Pudina flavored Besan Tikha Gathiya / Besan Tikha Gathiya.
- Heat sufficient oil for frying in a pan on a medium gas flame.
Method of making Pudina flavored Besan Tikha Gathiya / Besan Tikha Gathiya
Step 1: Place the dotted disk on the machine and fill the dough in the machine. Now cover the lid of the machine.
Step 2: Now grease a plate and hold the filled machine and turn the handle clockwise and Tikha Gathiya string will start falling down. Rotate your hand as well in round and round direction. Move until machine filled dough is finished. (Refer pic.)
Step 3: Now pick this batch carefully with the help of large ladle and slide in the oil pan. Deep dry until turn little brown and crispy. It will take approx 2 minutes on medium flame gas.
Step 4: Strain the oil with the help of large ladle and bring it on a tissue paper to remove excess oil. Let it cool and then break in medium size stings.
Pudina flavored Besan Tikha Gathiya is ready. Store it in an airtight container and you can use Pudina flavored Besan Tikha Gathiya for up to 20 days.
Few useful tips for making Pudina flavored Besan Tikha Gathiya / Besan Tikha Gathiya
- You can use crushed black pepper and red chilli powder for spicy version too.
- Sevai machine is available in many varieties days. I am using a typical steel one.
- If, you don’t have mint powder, roast fresh mint leaves in pan without oil and let it dry completely. Let it cool and then crush to make powder.