Meethi Puri Recipe
How to make Uttarakhand festival special meethi puri.
Meethi Puri Recipe – step by step presentation of Uttarakhand special Meethi Puri Recipe. Meethi Puri is basically Indian fried whole wheat sweet bread. Jaggery, ghee and milk are also important part of the Meethi Puri Recipe.
Meethi Puri is very famous in Uttarakhand and most part of Uttar Pradesh too. Kids love these sweet Puri a lot. These Meethi Puri tastes like biscuits and healthy too. My mother and mil used to make meethi puri in all the Kumaoni religious festivals. The best part we can enjoy these sweet puri’s for almost a weeks periods.
Ingredients of Meethi Puri Recipe
Wheat flour – 2 cups
Ghee – 3 Table Spoon
Milk – ½ Cup
Jaggery – ¾ cup
Cardamom powder – ¼ Tea spoon
Ghee / oil – for frying
Basic preparation of Meethi Puri Recipe
- In a mixing plate / bowl, mix wheat flour and cardamom powder.
- Add ghee to the wheat flour mixture and mix well using finger tips.
- In a pan, melt jaggery (gur) in a low gas flame and add milk.
- Now add jaggery milk solution to wheat flour mixture little at a time. Mix the mixture using fingers. Add jaagger solution until a little hard dough form. Keep the dough for 10 minutes for cooling.
Method of making Meethi Puri Recipe
Step 1: Divide the dough into medium size lemon shape. Give a round shape using palm.
Step 2: Now roll the dough ball in a thick Puri shape. Roll all the Puri same way.
Step 3: On the other side heat frying oil in a pan. When, the oil is ready for frying, turn the gas on simmer mode.
Step 4: Now carefully drop a rolled Puri in oil, then let it fry from down side. After ½ minute turns the upside down and fry until it become golden brown from both the sides. Bring out the Puri by straining extra oil and keep in a plate.
Step 5: Now repeat the process for the rest of the Meethi Puri /Roat.
Meethi Puri / Roat are ready and let it cool at room temperature only. Meethi Puri / Roat will become crispy after cooling.
Few useful tips for making Meethi Puri Recipe
- Knead a hard puri like dough for meethi puri recipe.
- Do not make it over sweet by adding extra jaggery otherwise puri will dissolve in oil.
- You can add sauf while kneading the dough.