Til Mawa Ladoo Recipe
How to make Til Khoya Ladoo / Sesame Seed Mawa Ladoo Recipe / Makar Sankranti Recipe
Til Mawa Ladoo Recipe – step by step presentation of winter special, super healthy Til Mawa Ladoo recipe. Til (Sesame seed) are very healthy and beneficial for us in winter season. Roasted tiny sesame seeds give a nutty taste to Til Mawa Ladoo.
Sesame seeds are a good source of Calcium, Iron, Zinc and Copper which is very good for our body. That is the reason diet experts suggest adding the sesame seeds in our regular diet. I have already shared til chikki and til gur ladoo recipe with you.
The combination of mawa and til is just so perfect. Mave give a smooth and milky texture, whereas sesame seed gives a little crunch and nutty taste. I have used sugar powder in this recipe. Til, Mawa and sugar; the three only ingredients make a perfect Makar Sankranti special sweet recipe.
If, you are looking for more Makar Sankranti recipes, try – til gur ladoo recipe, besan til ladoo recipe, til chikki recipe and more recipes.
Ingredients of Til Mawa Ladoo Recipe
Sesame Seed (Safed til) – 200 grams
Mawa – 250 grams
Sugar Powder – ½ Cup (little less)
Basic preparation of Til Mawa Ladoo recipe
- Cut mawa in small pieces.
- Check properly sesame seeds so that no dust particles or stone left with the seeds.
- If you are using granulated sugar, grind it to make a fine powder.
Method of making Til Mawa Ladoo / sesame seed mawa Ladoo Recipe
Step 1: Dry roast sesame seeds in a pan until a little brown texture comes on the seeds. Keep the gas flame low as it quickly gets burned. Turn the gas off and let the seeds a little cool at room temperature.
Step 2: Now grind the sesame seed / til until a coarse powder has form.
Step 3: Now in the same pan put mawa pieces and stir in a low gas flame. Keep stirring until a mawa turns to light brown color. It will take approx 5 -6 minutes and then turns the gas off.
Step 4: Now add sesame / til powder and mix well. Let it cool a little.
Step 5: Add sugar powder and mix well. Now hold a sufficient mount of mixture and bind it using your fingers.
Give a perfect round shape like Ladoo. Keep in a plate and repeat the same process for the rest of the ladoos. Let Til Mawa Ladoo cool a little.
Til Mawa Ladoo is now ready, you can store the ladoo in an airtight container. Enjoy the super healthy and super tempting Til Mawa Ladoo / sesame seed mawa ladoos any time in this winter.
Hope you will try and share this recipe with your family and friends.
Few useful tips for making Til Mawa Ladoo recipe
- Use fresh or homemade mawa for this sesame khoya ladoo recipe.
- Be a little careful while cooking mawa as its catches bottle quickly and get burned.
- No need to use ghee for this recipe. Sesame seed and mawa has its own oily moist texture.
- You can add cardamom powder while cooking mawa for flavor. I like to have my Til Mawa Ladoo in original flavor.
- I like my ladoo not so sweet, so I have reduced the quantity of sugar. You can increase or decrease the sugar powder quantity according to your preference.