Kadai Mushroom recipe
How to make restaurant style Kadai Mushroom recipe
Kadai Mushroom recipe – step by step presentation of famous Punjabi style Kadai Mushroom recipe. Spicy, tangy gravy and fried button mushroom with capsicum gives this Kadai Mushroom recipe an ultimate taste.
Kadai is a basic cooking utensil in Indian kitchen and almost most of the rich Indian gravy food cooks in it. The Kadai Mushroom recipe is also one of them and that’s the reason its name is Kadai Mushroom. The basic recipe of Kadai Mushroom is quite simple and the ingredients are also quite basic.
Ingredients for the Kadai Mushroom recipe
Mushroom – 1 pkt
Tomato – 2 large
Onion – 1 large
Ginger garlic paste – 1 table spoon
Dry coriander seed – 2 table spoon
Whole Red chilli – 2
Bay leaves – 2
Green cardamom (choti elichi) – 1
Black cardamom – 1
Cinnamon (dalchini) – 1 small stick
Cumin seed (jeera) – ½ tea spoon
Salt – according to taste
Fennel powder – ½ tea spoon
Oil – 2 +1 table spoon
Basic preparation of Kadai Mushroom recipe
- Wash mushroom properly with water and cut them into medium size slices.
- In a pan roast all the raw spices until a nice spice aroma start coming. Now grind it to fine powder.
- Make tomato purée by grinding tomato.
- Now heat 2 table spoon of oil and add sliced mushroom. Stir well and initially mushroom will leave the water and after approx 5 minutes of low flame cooking it become dry. Stir fry until done with a brown color texture.
- Bring it out on a plate and leave the excess oil in the pan.
Method of cooking Kadai Mushroom recipe
Step 1: In the same pan, heat remaining oil and add ginger garlic paste. Stir well and after ½ minute, add finely chopped onion. Sauté until onion becomes light pink in color.
Step 2: Now add tomato purée and stir well. Let it cook until a boil come. Now add the raw spice powder, fennel powder and salt, stir well. Cook to a boil come.
Step 3: Now add the sliced capsicum and cook for two minutes on simmer gas flame. Now add fried mushroom and stir well. Cook for the next 5 minutes and then turn off the gas.
Kadai Mushroom is ready for serving. Garnish Kadai Mushroom with fresh chopped coriander leaves.
Few useful tips for making Kadai Mushroom Recipe
- If you are cooking mushroom very first time so don’t get worried if mushroom start leaving water initially. Do not need to remove this water from the mushroom. It will automatically get evaporated after cooking and only oil will remain.
- If you prefer less spicy food, then cut the amount of chilly.
- You can use fennel seed while roasts, other spices for making spice powder. I had fennel powder that’s why I used it later.
- Use red pulpy tomatoes in this Kadai Mushroom recipe for perfect color.