Methi paratha Recipe
How to make breakfast special methi paratha recipe
Methi paratha Recipe – step by step presentation of breakfast special methi paratha recipe. Methi paratha and a fresh curd dip is my favorite winter special breakfast recipe. Fenugreek paratha is the perfect healthy breakfast option for families.
Winters are my favorite season. Lots of colorful, healthy fresh vegetables at a reasonable price come in the market. The main ingredient used in today’s recipe Methi paratha is one of them.
Methi paratha is a healthy substitute of regular paratha for kids. Fenugreek wheat flour paratha goes well with tea. I have given a flavorful twist in this paratha recipe. I have added fennel powder while kneading the dough. I am little health conscious and use little ghee on my paratha and that is why paratha picture are looking little dry. You can add extra ghee according to your preference.
Ingredients for Methi paratha recipe
Wheat flour (Aata) – 2 cups
Methi (Fenugreek leaves) – 250 grams
Salt – according to taste
Ghee – 2 table spoon
Turmeric Powder – ¼ tea spoon
Garam masala – ½ Tea Spoon
Fennel powder (Sauf) – ½ tea spoon
Ghee – for cooking paratha
Water – ½ cup or little extra
Basic preparation for Methi paratha Recipe
- Remove fenugreek leaves from the stem and then wash it properly and strain the water completely.
- In a mixing plate take wheat flour. Add salt, sauf powder, turmeric and garam masala. Mix all well.
- Now add fenugreek leaves and ghee, mix well.
- Add water little at a time to knead soft dough. Cover the dough for 10 -15 minute resting.
Method of making Methi paratha Recipe
Step 1: Now bring out the dough and make medium lemon shaped balls out of it.
Step 2: Take a dough ball and sprinkle some flour on it and roll a round roti shape of it. Do not roll it too thins.
Step 3: Heat a flat pan and transfer this rolled dough sheet on it. Turn the upside down and spread ghee / oil on it and then again turn it and spread some more ghee. Now cook both sides well and bring this paratha on a plate. Repeat the whole process for rest of paratha’s.
Paratha is ready to serve. Enjoy it with fresh curd dip or with any pickle. I love eating hot Methi / fenugreek paratha along with ginger tea.
Few useful tips for Methi paratha recipe
- Select methi leaves carefully and wash it properly too. Green leafy vegetables are very healthy but needs little extra time for basic preparations.
- You can add chopped green chilli while kneading dough for bit spicy taste.
- Keep the gas on medium gas flame while cooing these paraatha.