Dhaba style Khasta Kachori recipe
How to make Indian fried Puffed Pastry / Breakfast special Khasta kachori
Dhaba style Khasta Kachori recipe – step by step presentation of Dhaba style crispy, crunchy deep fried moongdal stuffed kachori recipe.
Khasta Kachori is basically a deep fried Indian bread / snack recipe. Roasted Moong dal with pure Indian spices gives this kachori a rich taste. I already shared Moong dal kachori recipe with you. This Dhaba style Khasta Kachori recipe is a typical street version of the khasta moongdal kachori.
Crispy, flaky and chatpati Dhaba style Khasta Kachori recipe is a perfect breakfast or evening snacks option for weekends.
Ingredients for Dhaba style Khasta Kachori recipe
Refined flour (Maida) – 2 cup
Baking powder – ¼ tea spoon
Carom seed (Azwain) – 1 tea spoon
Ghee / oil – 2 Table Spoon
Salt – ¼ tea spoon
Moong Dal – 1 cup
Cumin seed (jeera) – 1 Tea Spoon
Asafoetida (Hing) – 2 pinch
Ginger – 1 Tea Spoon grated
Green chilli – 1
Salt – according to taste
Garam masala – ½ tea spoon
Dry Mango Powder – 1 Tea Spoon
Fennel powder (Sauf) – ½ Tea Spoon
Dry mint powder – 1 Tea Spoon
Ghee / oil – 3 Tea Spoons for frying Moongdal
Oil – for frying kachori
Basic preparation for Dhaba style Khasta Kachori recipe
- Soak moongdal for approx 1 hour in water. Drain water completely and grind roughly.
- Finely chop green chilli and grate ginger.
- In a mixing plate take refined flour and baking powder, mix well.
- Add carom seed (azwain), salt and mix well.
- Add ghee and mix well using finger tips until bread crumbs like texture has form.
- Now add water little at a time to knead dough. Cover it with a moist cotton fabric or in an airtight container for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy base or non stick pan, heat oil / ghee. Now add jeera and hing, fry until crackers. Add ginger and green chilli.
- Now add coarse moongdal and stir well. Cook for 3 minutes on simmer gas flame and then adds entire spices. Mix well.
- Finely add crushed dry mint leaves and mix well. Turn the gas off and keep it aside for cooling.
Method of making Dhaba style Khasta Kachori recipe
Step 1: Bring out the dough and divide into equal lemon size balls.
Step 2: Now roll this dough ball slightly with the help of rolling pin and put one tablespoon moongdal stuffing in the center.
Step 3: Now bring the edges together and seal it towards the center.
Step 4: Now roll it slightly with the help of rolling pin. Make sure the stuffing can’t come out. Now roll rest of khasta kachori same way.
Step 5: Now heat oil for frying and simmer the gas flame. Drop a stuffed rolled kachori and fry until turn golden brown from both the sides.
Step 6: Now drain the excess oil and bring out the khasta kachori on a plate. Repeat the process for the rest of the khasta kachori too.
Dhaba style Khasta Kachori is ready to serve. Enjoy it hot with aloo ki rasedar sabji. You can also have khasta kachori with ginger tea. Enjoy as many as you can.
Few useful tips for Dhaba style Khasta Kachori recipe
- Do not knead the dough too much. Just give a smooth texture to the dough.
- Do not over grind the dal.
- Keep stirring while frying the stuffing otherwise it can burn.
- If you do not have dry mint leaves or powder, add finely chopped fresh mint leaves.
- Use ghee while frying the stuffing it will enhance the taste of the Dhaba style Khasta Kachori recipe.