Christmas Plum Cake using jaggary
How to make easy Christmas fruit cake with jaggary
Christmas Plum Cake using jaggary – step by step presentation of Christmas special Plum cake recipe using jaggary in place of brown sugar. I have tried to make the whole process easy without disturbing the taste. Jaggary also added the healthy element in this recipe.
Christmas Plum Cake using jaggary is a perfect winter special dessert recipe for your family. I am sure when you taste this plum cake you will always prefer jaggary for this Christmas cake recipe. Christmas is a festival when one can enjoy as much as cake bites without even thinking about weight gain or sugar factory.
Dry cakes are my favorite ones and Christmas plum cake is the most in demand cake from family and friends. So I am presenting my healthy version of Christmas Plum Cake with jaggary.
Ingredients for making Christmas Plum Cake using jaggary
Refinedflour – 1 ½ cup
Jaggary Powder – 1 cup
Refined / olive oil – 1 cup
Egg – 2 medium sizes
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Baking soda – ½ teaspoon
Cinnamon stick – 1 small size
Clove – 4
Nutmeg – ¼ pieces
Cardamom (black) – 1
Cashew nut – 10
Raisin – 10
Almond – 10
Dates – 5
Tutti fruity – 2 tablespoon
Apple – ½
Orange – 1
Ginger – 1 small piece
Basic preparation of making Christmas Plum Cake using jaggary
- Roughly chop all the dry fruits.
- Peel the outer layer of apple and finely grate it.
- Peel Orange and squeeze to bring out the juice.
- Now in a mug take the dry fruits and tutti fruity, grated apple and orange juice and mix well. Cover it with a lid and keep in the fridge for 1 ½ day.
- Next day grease a cake tin or bread nonstick tin with oil and sprinkle some flour on the base and inner sides of it.
- Take all the spices and make a fine powder out of this.
Method of making Christmas Plum Cake using jaggary
Step 1: In a medium size mixing bowl to egg and beat well. No need to use electric beaters. You can use a spoon or hand mixer.
Step 3: In a separate large bowl, mix all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda and spice mixture).
Step 4: Now add the egg jaggary mixture to the flour spice mixer. Mix well so that a smooth batter has formed.
Step 6: Now bake it for 50 minutes in preheated oven. You can check in between 40 – 50 minute by inserting a knife in the center of the cake. If it comes out clean that indicates that our cake is ready otherwise needs some extra minutes of baking. Mine was ready in exactly 50 minutes.
Step 7: Bring out the cake tin and let it cool completely at room temperature. Now take a knife and move the knife inside the edges of the tin and carefully release the Christmas Plum Cake from the tin.
Christmas Plum Cake using jaggary is ready to serve. Cut the cake into pieces and enjoy with family and friends. You can store this Christmas Plum Cake using jaggary cake in an airtight container in the fridge for a week’s time, but trust me you can’t stop yourself by finishing it within two days.
Few useful tips for Christmas Plum Cake using jaggary
- You can use a refined oil or olive oil according to your availability. I have used soybean, refined oil for this plum cake recipe.
2. You can add as many as dry fruits. Make sure you chop all properly before soaking all in the juice.
3. You can use canned or bottled juice as well. I have used fresh homemade orange juice and apple for this Christmas Plum Cake using jaggary recipe.
4. Do not over mix the batter after adding dry fruits. Just 20 seconds gentle mixing is enough.