Besan wali Bhindi
How to make crispy and tangy Bhindi using besaan / besan Bhindi Sabzi recipe / no onion no garlic Bhindi Sabzi recipe
Besan wali Bhindi Recipe – step by step presentation of Rajasthani style besan wali Bhindi. This besan Bhindi is simple and the perfect sabji recipe for everyday cooking.
Fried gram flour with spicy and tangy flavor gives usual Bhindi a unique taste. You can serve this Besanwali Bhindi as a side with dal or can serve as a main dish with roti or paratha along with curd.
The best part of this Besanwali Bhindi recipe is the ingredients used in this. No onion, no garlic is used in this recipe so this Bhindi recipe is for all food lovers.
Ingredients for Besan wali Bhindi Recipe
Bhindi (Lady Finger) – 250 grams
Besan (Gram Flour) – 2 Table Spoon
Oil – 2 Table Spoon
Salt – according to taste
Asafoetida (Hing) – just a pinch
Cumin seed (Jeera) – ¼ Tea Spoon
Turmeric powder – ½ Tea spoon
Coriander Powder – 1 Table Spoon
Red chili Powder – ½ Table Spoon
Mango Powder – ½ Tea Spoon
Basic preparation of Besan wali Bhindi Recipe
- Wash Bhindi / ladyfinger properly, let it dry for some time.
- Now cut and remove the upper head part of Bhindi. Cut rest of Bhindi in medium size cylinder shape.
- Collect all the ingredients together.
Method of making a Besan wali Bhindi recipe
Step 1: Heat oil in a pan. Now add hing and cumin seed fry until it starts cracking. Turn the gas on simmer mode.
Step 2: Add gram flour (besan) and keep stirring for ½ minute so that gram flour can cook well without burning.
Step 3: Now add all the spices including salt and cook for ½ minutes more.
Step 4: Now add chopped ladyfinger and stir well so spiced gram flour get properly coated over Bhindi.
Step 5: Now let it cook for 15 minutes on simmer gas flame without covering it with a lid. Keep stirring in between.
Turn the gas off. Besan wali Bhindi is ready to serve. Enjoy it with hot fulka / roti. I prefer besanwali bhindi sabzi with azwain paratha and raita.
Few useful tips for Besan wali Bhindi Recipe
- Do check Bhindi while purchasing. It must not be hard and the seeds are not being very big.
- Be little care full while frying besan. Keep the gas on simmer mode and keep stirring otherwise besan will catch the bottom and ruin the taste of the besanwali bhindi recipe.