Apple Mawa Barfi
How to make festival special Apple Khoya Barfi / Easy and healthy Apple Barfi recipe
Apple Mawa Barfi Recipe – step by step presentation of festival special Apple Mawa Barfi recipe. You can call it Apple Khoya Barfi too. I am sure you also want to try different recipes for your family and guests.
This Apple Barfi is an easy and different sweet recipe for this festival. I have used cinnamon for flavor. Cinnamon goes very well with apple and gives a unique taste. I have posted apple cinnamon kheer in my earlier posts.
You can try different sweet recipes like – besan ladoo, rawa mawa ladoo, lauki ki barfi, mawa barfi, sabudana ladoo and many more recipes.
Ingredients for Apple Mawa Barfi Recipe
Apple – 500 grams
Khoya / Mawa – 150 Grams / 1 cup
Sugar – ½ cup
Ghee – 1 Table Spoon
Cashew nuts – 10
Cinnamon Powder – 2 pinch
Red food color – a pinch
Basic preparation for Apple Mawa Barfi Recipe
- Wash apples and peel the outer layer with the help of peeler.
- Grate apples with the fine side of grater.
- Grate / finely chop mawa and keep aside.
- Chop cashew nuts and keep aside.
Method of making Apple Mawa Barfi Recipe
Step 1: Heat oil in a pan and add grated apples. Cook on simmer gas flame until becoming soft. It will take approx 15 minutes.
Step 2: Now add sugar and cinnamon powder and stir well. Cook until sugar melts properly and become a sticky consistency.
Step 3: Now add grated Mawa / Khoya and stir well. Add color and cook it for 5 minutes while stirring continuously. Turn the gas off.
Step 4: Grease a steel plate with ghee or oil and transfer Apple Mawa Barfi batter on it. Now with the help of a knife give a square shape of ½ inch thickness. Spread chopped cashew nuts and press a little bit from hands. Let it cool in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Step 5: Now cut the Apple Mawa Barfi with the help of a knife according to your favorite shape.
Apple Mawa Barfi is ready to serve. Keep Apple Barfi in fridge and serve it chilled. Enjoy Apple Barfi this dewali with family and friends.
Few useful tips for Apple Mawa Barfi Recipe
- I have used homemade mawa / khoyaa for this Apple khoya Barfi recipe. If you are purchasing Khoya / mawa from the market, do check the freshness by smelling and tasting it.
- If you do have cinnamon stick, grate it with the fine side of the grater and use in this Apple Mawa Barfi recipe.
- I have used red edible food color in this apple Barfi recipe. Adding color is totally up to your choice.