Sabudana Ladoo, how to make vrat special Sabudana Ladoo / Sago Pearl Ladoo recipe
Sabudana Ladoo – step by step presentation of Sabudana Ladoo recipe. Sabudana ladoo recipe is a simple and similar to Rawa ladoo.
During navratri and fasting it’s very common to have sbudana vada and sabudana khichdi. Sabudana ladoo is one more sabudana recipe with unique taste. Whenever we think of vrat food, Sabutdana comes first in our mind. Sabudana is an easily available ingredient and one can cook a variety of dishes from it.
Sabudana is a suitable food option for infant to old age and it is also considered good during fasting / vrat. Sabudana contains a good amount of complex Carbohydrates. It helps to boost energy quickly. Sabudana Ladoo will surely boost your energy level during vrat / fasting. Generally people face digestive problems during fasting. Sabudana helps in improving digestive problems too.
Read – vrat special Sabudana Vada and more vrat related recipes here.
Ingredients for making Sabudana Ladoo
Sabudana – 1 cup
Ghee – ½ cup
Sugar – ½ cup
Coconut – ¼ cup grated
Basic preparation of Sabudana Ladoo Recipe
- Check Sabudana properly for any impurities and stone.
- Heat a nonstick or heavy base pan and roast Sabudana for approx 15 minutes on simmer gas flame.
- Sabudana will become light brown, let it cool down completely.
- Make a fine powder of Sabudana using a mixer grinder.
- Grate dry coconut and then grind it to make a fine powder too.
Method of making Sabudana Ladoo Recipe
Step 1: Put Sabudana powder, sugar powder and coconut powder in the pan and turn the gas on. Keep the gas on the simmer gas flame and roast the mixture for approx 5 minutes. Keep stirring so that it will not get burnt.
Step 2: Now add ghee and mix the ingredients well and turn the gas off. Let it cool a little bit.
Step 3: Now divide the mixture in equal portion using a spoon. Hold a portion on your palm. Make a round ladoo like shape by pressing the mixture using fingers. Make all the Sabudana Ladoo same way.
Sabudana Ladoo is ready. Keep all the Sabudana Ladoo on steel plate and let it cool completely. As, the ghee cooled down it will give a good bind to the ladoos.
Enjoy fasting with healthy and tasty Sabudana Ladoo. You can store Sabudana Ladoo in an air tight container for a week’s time.
Few useful tips for Sabudana Ladoo Recipe
- If, you have granulated sugar make a powder of it using mixer grinder.
- You can use dry fruits like cashew nuts or almonds this Sabudana Ladoo recipe.
- You can use ghee and coconut oil in equal quantity. This will enhance the taste of Sabudana Ladoo recipe.
- Make sure you will roast the Sabudana on a low flame gas. It will take a bit extra time, but the taste will describe the reason only.