Gobi Manchurian dry recipe
How to make perfect starter for parties using Cauliflower / Dry Cauliflower Manchurian Recipe
Gobi Manchurian dry recipe – step by step presentation of famous Indo Chinese starter Gobi Manchurian dry recipe. This recipe is a dry version of the Gobi Manchurian.
I often conduct small get together for friends and like any other host, the starter is the only menu part that troubles me a lot. A perfect starter should not be very heavy. On the same time tasty enough so that guest can become more excited about the upcoming dishes. If you also think same way, then Gobi Manchurian dry is a perfect option for all of us.
This Gobi Manchurian dry recipe is a simple one. You can make little changes according to your taste. If you prefer spicy food, then you can add Kashmiri Lal Mirch. It will increase the color as well as heat to the dish. Today I have used basic vegetables like spring onion in this recipe. Sometimes I add capsicum too.
If you love cooking different food, then Gobi Manchurian dry is a must try recipe. This is a perfect Restaurant style Gobi Manchurian dry recipe. You can serve this Gobi Manchurian as a starter or as a side dish to the main course.
Ingredients of Gobi Manchurian dry recipe
For frying the florets
Cauliflower (Gobi) – 1 medium size
Refined flour (Maida) – ½ cup
Corn flour / corn starch – ½ cup
Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
Garam Masala – ½ tea spoon
Salt – according to taste
Water – 1 cup / according to the thickness of batter
Oil – for deep frying
Garlic – small piece or 1 inch
Onion – 2 (Scallion white of spring onion)
Black pepper – ¼ Tea Spoon
Spring onion Green – ½ cup
Green chilli – 2
Soya sauce – 1 Table Spoon
Tomato Ketchup (Sauce) – 2 Table Spoon
Corn flour – ½ Table Spoon
Water – ½ cup
Oil – 1 Table Spoon
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2-3 servings
Basic preparation of Gobi Manchurian dry recipe
- Cut cauliflower into medium size florets. Wash properly and cook with one glass of water for 4 -5 minutes on simmer gas flame.
- Let it cool and strain the water.
- Finely chop white onion part of spring onion and green part separately.
- Finely chop or grate ginger and cut green chili in two pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, take all the dry ingredients from frying the florets Add water and mix until a smooth batter has formed. Now dip Gobi florets in this batter and mix well so Gobi / Cauliflower properly get coated with batter.
- In a small mixing glass, take ½ spoon corn flour, soya sauce, tomato ketchup and ¼ cup water. Mix well all the ingredients.
Method of Gobi Manchurian dry recipe
Step 1: Now heat sufficient oil for frying Gobi florets. When oil is ready for frying, drop Gobi florets one by one and fry until gets golden from outsides. Fry florets on the simmer gas flame so cauliflower get well cooked from inside too. Once done bring it out on a paper napkin. Fry all the florets same way and keep aside.
Step 2: In pan heat oil, add onion and ginger and sauté for one minute to simmer gas flame.
Step 3: Now add spring onion, green part and green chili and sauté for ½ minute more.
Step 4: Now add the ketchup and the soya sauce mixture that we earlier had in a glass. Let it cook until a boil come.
Step 5: Now add fried gobi florets and stir well so that the sauce gets well coated on gobi florets. If required, add salt and cook it for 3 – 4 minutes and then turn the gas off.
Step 6: Bring it out in a serving dish and garnish with chopped spring onions.
The Gobi Manchurian dry is ready to serve. Enjoy Gobi Manchurian with fried Rice or corn rice or garlic Rice or Veg Noodles tomato rice. You can serve this as a starter.
Few useful tips of Gobi Manchurian dry recipe
- If you want to add more color to Gobi Manchurian dry dish, add the kashmiri red chilli powder while making batter as well as in sauce. But if you are also sharing this yummy Gobi Manchurian dry recipe with kids, avoid extra color as it will increase the spice and heat in the dish.
- You can also add ½ tea spoon vinegar while making sauce. It will give a little tangy taste to the Manchurian dry recipe.
- If you are health conscious and use to avoid extra oil, you can also semi dry gobi florets by using 3 -4 table spoon oil.