Mix Flour Chakli, how to make mix flour Chakli
Mix Flour Chakli – step by step presentation of instant Mix flour chakli. Multi Flour Chakli is an easy and instant snack recipe. Chakli is a savory, crispy, fried, spiral shaped snack.
Friends, tea time is incomplete without snacks. A perfect snack can enhance your tea time. Today, I am presenting you a crisp, savory Mix Flour Chakli recipe. This is a pure Indian snack recipe, which is popular in Western India and North India as well. I am sure you must have purchased Haldiram Chakli or Gujrati chakli from the store.
Chakli is a Sanskrit word, which means the wheel. This snack recipe is shaped like a wheel round; maybe that’s why it says Chakli. Chakli is a fried spicy snack. Chakli is basically made from Rice flour, Besan (Gram Flour) and Black Gram (Urad dal). You can make Chakli from one of the flour. I did a little experiment in this recipe. I made this Chakli from mix flour. I used Rice flour, Gram Flour and Semolina for this super healthy mix flour chakli recipe.
Let’s make a simple and tasty Multi Flour Chakli. Follow the simple steps and same combination of flour. And enjoy mix flour chakli with a hot cup of tea.
Ingredients for Mix Flour Chakli
Rice Flour – 1 cup
Gram Flour (Besan) – ½ cup
Semolina (Rava) – ¼ Cup
Salt – according to taste
Baking Powder – ½ Table Spoon
Chili Powder – ½ Table Spoon
Turmeric Powder – ½ Table Spoon
Carom seeds (Ajwain) – ½ Table Spoon
Garam Masala – ½ Table Spoon
Oil – 2 Table Spoon
Water – for kneading dough
Oil – for frying Chakli
Basic preparation for Mix Flour Chakli
- Collect all the ingredients except oil in the mixing plate or bowl.
- Mix all the spice and flour well.
- Add oil and rub well using fingertips and make a bread crumbs like texture.
- Now add hot water, little at a time and knead soft dough.
- Cover the dough with a moist cotton cloth for 30 minutes for resting.
Method of Mix Flour Chakli Recipe
Step 1: Divide this dough into four equal parts.
Step 2: Grease the Chakli machine with some water and place a flour ball in it. Close the machine cover and tighten the machine handle to make chakli.
Step 3: Spread a plastic sheet or butter paper and make chakli on it.
Step 4: Make Jalebi like spiral shape by moving the machine clockwise to make rings. After making three spirals cut the string and press it toward the inner circle rings. Make all the chakli same way. (See picture)
Step 5: Heat oil for frying in a pan. When oil is ready, carefully transfer the chakli to the spatula (Karchi). Then slowly dip the spatula in the oil. Transfer two or three chakli in oil.
Step 6: Deep fry mix flour chakli on simmer gas flame. Fry it until becomes golden brown and drain the oil with the help of a spatula.
Step 7: Bring out on a tissue paper for removal of excess oil. Fry all the Mix flour Chakli same way.
Mix Flour Chakli is ready. Let it cool at room temperature and store in an airtight container. Enjoy Chakli with tea and Pyaaz pakora.
Few useful tips for Mix Flour Chakli Recipe
- The perfect water in the dough is very important for this Mix Flour Chakli recipe. The dough must be not so hard or dried.
- If you feel difficult to make multi flour chakli from the machine, and it is braking while rounding it. That shows that your dough needs some more water. Add a little water and knead again.
- Heat oil in full flame and then slows it down. Dip a small piece of dough in oil, if piece comes up after 1 – 2 minute that shows oil is ready for frying. Oil should be not so cold or even not so hot.
- Fry chakli on the simmer gas flame so that multi flour Chakli can cook from inside well.
- Fry the first Chakli before making further chakli.