How to make Til Gur Ke Ladoo / Sesame Jaggery Ladoo Recipe
Til Gur Ke Ladoo Recipe – step by step presentation of easy and healthy til ladoo with gur. Til gur ladoo is a most in demand ladoo recipe during winters.
Dear readers, today I am presenting you a traditional Indian recipe. I’m sharing simple and step by step Til Gur Ke Ladoo recipe / Sesame Jaggery Ladoo.
Til Gur Ladoo is very popular and traditional sweet dish of India. Til Gur Ladoo is basically a Maharastrian recipe. It is called as Tilgul in Maharastra. Til Gur Ladoo is a perfect sweet dish for winters. Let me tell you, what is the reason? As is clear from the name, this recipe is made from a combination of sesame and jaggery. Both the ingredients used in this recipe are very beneficial in winter.
Healthy Sweet Dish Til Gur Ke Ladoo
Sesame seeds (Til) are a rich source of vitamin B and fatty acids. Til has a good amount of protein, iron, calcium, zinc and copper. The effect of sesame seed is warm, that is why it is traditionally advised to eat in winter. This is also true for Jaggery (Gur). Eating Jaggery in winter relieves colds and cough. Anti-allergic elements are found in Jaggery, so it is beneficial for asthma patients.
You can make a variety of sweet dishes from Til (Sesame seed). I shared Besan Til ke Ladoo and Til ki Gajak in my earlier post. You can make these sweet dishes easily by following simple steps.
Ingredients for Til Gur Ke Ladoo / Sesame Jaggery Ladoo Recipe
Sesame seeds (Til) – 200 Grams
Jaggery (Gur) – 300 Grams
Almonds – 10
Cashew nuts – 10
Cardamom (Elichi) – 3
Ghee – 3 Table Spoon
Basic preparation of Til Gur Ke Ladoo / Sesame Jaggery Ladoo Recipe
- Roast sesame seeds and dry fruits in a heavy base pan for approx two minutes on simmer gas flame.
- Chop / grate jaggery in small pieces.
- Chop roasted dry fruits roughly.
- Roughly grind the dry fruits and half of sesame seeds.
Method of Til Gur Ke Ladoo / Sesame Jaggery Ladoo Recipe
Step 1: Heat ghee in a heavy base pan. You can use the same pan that you used in roasting sesame seeds.
Step 2: Now add grated Jaggery (Gur) in ghee. Stir well and cook on simmer gas flame. Cook until a creamy texture has form. Jaggery has to be a single thread like consistency.
Step 3: Now add sesame seeds and dry fruit mixture in jaggery syrup. Add some more chopped almonds. Mix well and Turn the gas off.
Step 4: Grease your palms with water and pick a sufficient amount of mixture and give a round ball like shape. Make all the ladoo same way. You have to be a little quicker while doing this process; otherwise the mixture will get dry.
Let it cool at room temperature for 10- 15 minutes. Enjoy Til Gur Ladoo in this winter as well as in Holi.
Few useful tips for Til Gur Ke Ladoo / Sesame Jaggery Ladoo Recipe
- You can make Til Gur Ladoo Recipe without grinding sesame seeds.
- As I told you earlier, you have to be bit quick while binding Ladoo otherwise Jaggery gets hard. It will be difficult to bind ladoo then. Preheat mixture on simmer gas flame for one minute to make the mixture wet.
- I used white sesame seeds and Masala Gur for this recipe. You can make Ladoos with normal Jaggery too.
- Cook Jaggery in a heavy base pan on simmers gas flame and do stir in between. Make sure that your gur syrup will not get burned.