How to make a Chocolate Cake?
Friends, the New Year has begun. This is the time of new beginning. You must have set some goals for the New Year. You surely have set a good target for yourself. Some of you have set the target about careers. Some people fix the targets about personal life. I extend my best wishes for your goals. I’ll say one thing for sure, Do your work honestly. Make a time-table and honestly follow it.
I also have some goals. I have decided, I will tell you about more healthy and tastier recipes in the New Year. I am starting the New Year with a sweet recipe. This recipe will increase your happiness on the occasion of the New Year.
Friends, today I am presenting you the chocolate cake recipe. As it is clear from the name, this cake is full with rich flavor of chocolate. Coffee used in this cake enhances the flavor. I tried to tell this cake recipe in a simple way. Follow steps one by one carefully. Enjoy Chocolate Cake with your kids.
Ingredients for Chocolate Cake Recipe
Refined Flour – 1 ½ cup
Coco Powder – 4 Table Spoon
Coffee – 1 ½ Table Spoon
Oil -3/4 cup
Sugar Powder – 1 ½ Cup
Egg – 3
Baking Powder – 1 Table Spoon
Baking Soda – ½ Table Spoon
Salt – just a pinch
Hot water – 3 Table Spoon
For Cake glazing
Sugar powder – 3 Table Spoon
Water – 6 Table Spoon
For icing (Optional)
Sugar Powder – 4 Table Spoon
Unsalted Butter – 50 Grams
Fresh Whipped Cream – 1 ½ cup
Basic preparation of Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Preheat oven @ 180 degree centigrade
- Grease a round baking tin.
- If you have granulated sugar. You can make a powder of it using a grinder.
- Beat coffee in 3 table spoon of hot water.
- Beat sugar and oil until becoming a soft paste.
- Now add egg one by one and beat for approx 5 minutes or until becoming creamy in texture.
- In a large mixing bowl, add refine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. Mix all the ingredients well. Strain two or three times or better mixing.
Method for making Chocolate Cake Recipe
Step 1: Take the entire powdered ingredient in a large mixing bowl and now pour this liquid batter in it. Mix properly so that no lumps can occur.
Step 2: Now add hot coffee water and beat the batter for approx 5 minutes. Check the consistency. We required a medium consistency for this recipe. The Batter must not so liquid, but at the same time not so thick. I added 2 table spoon of milk in this batter for improving consistency.
Step 3: Transfer this batter to the greased cake baking tin. Bake it for 35- 40 minutes. Do check after 30 minutes. A dark brown crispy layer will come on top.
Insert a toothpick or knife in the middle of the cake and if it is coming out clean that means your cake is ready. If knife comes out sticky that means your cake needs more baking time.
Step 4: My cake exactly got done after 39 minutes. Bring it out from oven and let it cool for 10 minutes and then carefully remove it from the cake tin. Let it cool at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Step 5: carefully cut the top crispest layer of the cake.
Step 6: Heat 6 table spoon water, add 3table spoon sugar to make sugar syrup for glazing. Now pour this Luke warm syrup on top of the cake. Let it absorb the syrup for 10-15 minute.
Chocolate Cake is ready for serving. Enjoy it with family and friends in this New Year.
- Cut the cake into two equal parts using a knife or thread.
- Now pour sugar syrup on the upper layer of both the cake parts and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Beat butter and sugar powder until becoming soft; now add this to whipped cream. Beat again to mix well.
- Take a good amount of cream mixture and spread on a layer of cake and place the other layer of cake on it.
- Pour left cream on top of cake and spread evenly on the top.
- Now make a powder of the removed crisp layer and sprinkle on top of the cake for design.
Your perfect Chocolate Cake is ready. Flaunt your perfect Chocolate Cake in this New Year.
Few useful tips for Chocolate Cake Recipe
1) I used instant coffee for this Chocolate Cake recipe.
2) I used Normal stitching thread for cutting the cake. Take a thread around the cake and place exactly on the height from where you want to cut your cake. Now carefully pull it towards your side. Your cake got a perfect cut.
3) After cutting the cake in two parts, pick the upper layer carefully with the help of a flat spatula or flat knife.
4) Carefully remove the middle burn area while making the powder of the removed upper layer of the cake.