How to make Aloo Paratha recipe / Aloo ka Paratha
Aloo Paratha recipe– step by step presentation of punjabi style breakfast special easy aloo ka paratha recipe. North Indian special lunch box special Aloo Paratha recipe.
Presenting you Aloo Paratha recipe in traditional style. This is a step by step presentation of Aloo paratha.
Paratha is a very popular breakfast dish in North India. You can make different types paratha. I have shared you some of paratha recipes in my earlier posts. (Read how to make Aloo Pyaz Paratha / Potato Onion Paratha) Today, I am presenting you tasty and traditional style Aloo Paratha.
Aloo Paratha is a perfect Indian breakfast recipe. There would hardly any family in the North India, which does not love to eat paratha as breakfast. A traditional style paratha needs lots of oil while making. This could be a strange thing for health conscious people that in Delhi people like to eat oily paratha with lots of butter.
I am a bit miser in using Ghee or Oil while making paratha. If you are not regular, and occasionally eat paratha. Then it’s okay. Let me tell you something about my husband. When it comes to his favorite dish, he always says one thing, “itna toh chalta ha” (it is okay).
Ingredients for Aloo Paratha Recipe
Potato (Aloo) – ½ Kg
Wheat flour – 2 cup
Coriander leaves (Hara Dhaniya) – 1 bunch
Green Chilli – 2
Cumin Powder – 1 Table Spoon
Turmeric Powder (Haldi) – ¼ Table Spoon
Salt – according to taste
Chaat Masala – ½ Table Spoon
Ghee / Oil – for cooking paratha
Water – for kneading dough
Basic preparation of Aloo Paratha Recipe / Aloo ka Paratha
- Boil Potato. You can pressure cook potatoes for three whistles on medium gas flame.
- Let the boiled potato cool at room temperature for 10-15 minutes. Peel it and mash properly.
- Chop coriander leaves and green chilies finely.
- In a large mixing bowl, take wheat flour. Add ¼ Table Spoon salt and mix well. Now add water, little at a time and mix well using your fingertips. Knead soft dough and punch it hardly uses your hands. Don’t add extra water. Keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add boiled potato and mash well. Now add salt, turmeric powder, chopped coriander leaves, chillies and cumin powder and chaat masala. Mix entire ingredients well and make dough like shape.
Method of making Aloo Paratha Recipe / Aloo ka Paratha
Step 1: Now make equal medium size balls from wheat flour dough and potato mixture.
Step 2: Take a wheat flour ball and sprinkle some flour on it and semi roll it with the help of a rolling-pin.
Step 3: Now place a mixed potato ball in the center of this rolled wheat flour sheet. Collect all the edges of this sheet and bring together towards the center. Seal it by pressing it with fingertips.
Step 4: Now sprinkle some more wheat flour on this stuffed ball and roll it again using rolling-pin. Roll it carefully so that no stuffing comes out. Roll it in a desired radius.
Step 5: Heat a flat pan (Tawa), grease some ghee on it and put the stuffed paratha sheet on it. Keep the gas on the medium flame. Cook it from one side and then turn upside down. Spread a good amount of ghee on it and cook until turns crispy from both the side. Bring it out and make all the paratha same way.
Aloo Paratha is ready to serve. Enjoy it hot with fresh curd and coriander chilli chutney.
Few useful tips for Aloo Paratha Recipe
- Potato must be cooked properly otherwise you will feel difficulty in rolling the paratha.
- For better mashing potato, you can grate potato.
- If you do not have cumin powder, roast cumin seeds in a pan for two minutes on simmer gas flame. Make a powder of it.
- If you are health conscious, you can use olive oil for cooking paratha.