How to make Aloo Ka Halwa?
Halwa is a popular sweet dish in India. Normally people make Semolina (Suji/Rawa) Halwa. Today, I have another easy and instant recipe. I made this dish with Potato (Aloo). You can eat Potato during fasting day. Recipe of Aloo ka Halwa is very simple. You will require few ingredients for this recipe.
Before we start cooking, let’s arrange the basic ingredients for this recipe. You have to arrange Potato (Aloo), Ghee, Sugar, Cardamom powder (Elichi powder) and some Dry fruits. I take a measure of ingredients which is enough for 2 to 3 people. This recipe will take about 20 minutes time to cook.
Ingredients for Aloo Ka Halwa Recipe
Potato (Aloo) – 4 medium sizes
Ghee – 4 Table Spoon
Sugar – 6 Table Spoon
Cardamom powder (Elichi powder) – ½ Table Spoon
Almond (Badam) – 6
Raisin (Kismis) – 8
Cashew nut (Kaju) – 6
Dry Coconut (Sukha Nariyal) – 3 Table Spoon Grated
Basic preparation for Aloo Ka Halwa Recipe
- Boil Patato (Aloo) in 3 cups of water for 2 whistles on medium gas flame.
- When Potato (aloo) is cooked, let it cool at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Peel Potato and mash properly. Use your hands for better results.
- Chop all the dry fruits finely except Raisin (Kismis).
Method of making Aloo Ka Halwa Recipe
Step 1: Heat ghee in a pan. Now add Mashed Potato and stir well.
Keep the gas flame on simmer mode. Cook it for approx three minutes and stir in between.
Step 2: Now add the Cardamom powder and Sugar. Stir well all the ingredients.
You have to continuous stir in this process. When sugar got dissolved, then adds all the dry fruits, including grated Coconut. This process will take approx three minutes of time.
Step 3: You have to stir well so that dry fruits can mix well with mashed Potato, sauté it for the next five minutes.
You will see that Potato has changed its color and a sweet like aroma is start coming.
Now, turn the gas off. Aloo ka Halwa is ready to serve. Garnish it with some sliced dry fruits. You can cook this halwa during fasting as well.
Useful tips for Aloo Ka Halwa Recipe
1) Check potato properly before using in this recipe. Sometimes Potato has black spots and some bad taste also.
2) Sugar usage is totally up to you. I generally use less sugar for this recipe.
3) Ghee is a very important ingredient for this recipe. You can decrease the quantity of Ghee but this will surely affect the taste of Halwa.
4) You can add other dry fruits also for this recipe.