How to make Vrat special Arbi ki Sabji?
For me fasting is all about devoting a day to spirituality and trying to know little more about myself. This is the way; you can keep your diet light and healthy. But after a long day of fasting, the stomach needs something which is healthy and tasty as well. So friends, today I am presenting you an instant, yet tasty recipe. I used very less spices and oil, to keep this recipe simple. I prefer cooking food with less oil and less spices, this recipe is one of the same class.
Vrat special Arbi ki Sabji Recipe
Before, I tell you the recipe of Arbi ki Sabji, you will have to arrange three basic ingredients. Take Colocasia Root (Arbi), Green Chilli and Dry Mango powder. Other ingredients I used for this recipe are Cumin seed, Ghee or Oil and Coriander leaves. I used Quantity of ingredients is enough for four people. You can use according your requirements. This recipe will take around 15 minutes time to cook.
Now time to cook Vrat special Arbi ki Sabji. Believe me, you will love this.
Ingredients for Vrat special Arbi ki Sabji
Colocasia Root (Arbi) – 500 grams
Cumin seed (Jeera) -1/2 table spoon
Green chilli – 1
Coriander powder (Dhaniya) – 1 table spoon
Red Chilli powder – 1/2 table spoon
Dry Mango powder (Aam chur) – 1/2 table spoon
Ghee 1 table spoon
Coriander leaves – for garnishing
Rock salt – according to taste
Basic preparation of Vrat special Arbi ki Sabji
- Wash Colocasia root (Arbi) properly. Take a pressure cooker and transfer the washed Arbi in it. Add water, sufficient enough to dip Arbi. Now pressure cook for 2 whistles or until cooked properly, on simmer gas flame.
- When Arbi got cooked let it cool for 5-6 minutes at room temperature and then peels off.
- Now cut Arbi in medium size slices.
- In a small bowl, take Salt, Coriander powder, Red Chilli and Dry Mango powder. Now add 3 table spoon of Water in it. Mix this entire powder mixture properly to make a spice paste.
Method for cooking Vrat special Arbi ki Sabji
Step 1: Heat Ghee in a pan. Add Cumin seeds and when it starts crackling adds the Spice paste. Stir well and let it cook for 2 minutes so that all spices cooks well and leave their flavor.
Step 2: Now add Arbi and stir it well, so that the spice paste mixes well in Arbi. Close the lid and let it cook for 5 minutes.
Step 3: Add chopped Coriander leaves and stir well. Close the lid and turn the gas off.
Yours Vrat special Arbi ki Sabji is ready to serve. Enjoy this healthy and very light Sabji with Puri or Paratha.
Few useful tips
1) I prefer medium size Arbi for this recipe. Not only it cooks fast, but also taste good.
2) You can cook this Sabji other than Fast (Vrat) too. Use normal Salt if cooking normally.
3) You can sprinkle Kasuri Methi (Dry Fenugreek Leaf) instead of Coriander leaves. This will give a different taste to your dish.
4) I cooked Arbi ki Sabji as fasting food. If you are cooking it otherwise, you can use oil instead of Ghee.