How to make Jeera Aloo Sabji?
Potato is most eatable vegetable in the world. You can make a lot of dishes from Potato. Some are very simple and some difficult also. In my last post I shared with you Navratri Vrat special Lauki Aloo ki Sabji (Botel Guard & Potato Veg).
Today, I have an easy and instant Potato recipe. This recipe needs only one vegetable, which is Potato. The other ingredients are common and used in everyday cooking.
I cannot forget my school days, my mother used to put Jeera Aloo Sabji in my Tiffin with Azwain Paratha. I still remember that spicy tangy taste of Potato with Paratha.
I mention above, Jeera Aloo Sabji needs Potato as base vegetable. Other ingredients I take Cumin Seed (Jeera), Coriander Powder, Rock Salt and Ghee. I have taken the measure is enough for two people. You can increase measure of ingredients as per need. This recipe will take only ten minutes time to cook.
Ingredients for Jeera Aloo Sabji
Potato (Aloo) – 4 Medium sizes
Cumin Seed (Jeera) – ½ Table Spoon
Coriander Powder (Dhaniya) – 1 Table Spoon
Dry Mango Powder (Aamchur) – ½ Table Spoon
Coriander Leaves- For garnishing purpose
Rock Salt (Sendha Namak) – according to taste
Ghee- 1 Table Spoon
Basic preparation of Jeera Aloo recipe
- Peel potato and wash properly. Then cut in long slices as shown in pictures
- Chop Green Chilies finely.
Method of making Jeera Aloo Sabji (Cumin Seed Potato Sabji)
Step 1: Heat ghee in a pan. Add cumin seeds, chopped green chilies and dry red chilies. When it starts crackling, add chopped potatoes. Stir well. Cover the pan lid and let it cook for five-minute.
Step 2: Now add Rock Salt and Coriander powder and stir well. Cover the lid and cook till Potato become soft and golden brown. Now sprinkle some Dry Mango powder and stir well. Turn off the gas.
Step 3: Sprinkle some finely chopped coriander leaves.
Yours Jeera Aloo Sabji is ready to serve. It goes well with Puri, Paratha and Roti. Curd or Raita will complete your meal.
Few useful tips
1) Soak potato in the water after cutting it. It will remove its extra starch.
2) Red Chili is optional. You can use it according to your preference.
3) You can cook this recipe for normal meal too. In that case use normal salt in place of rock salt.
4) You can add Lemon juice in spite of dry Mango powder. But make sure you will add this just a minute before turning off the gas.