How to make Badam Mawa Barfi?
Friends, today I have a recipe of sweet. It is a Barfi recipe. Barfi is the most likable Indian sweet. There are different types of Barfi; Kaju ki Barfi, Mawa ki Barfi and Coconut ki Barfi. I am sharing with you the recipe of Badam Mawa Barfi (Almond Mawa Barfi). This is a perfect recipe for the Navratri. You can cook this recipe during Vrat (Fasting) also.
Easy and instant Barfi recipe
Badam Mawa Barfi is very rich in flavour. You can feel the crunch of Almond (Badam) and the milky taste of Mawa. My hubby likes it so much. I want to share with you one funny thing about him. Whenever I cooked Badam Mawa Barfi, he demands more and more. Sometimes it happens, I had to hide it. This really funny but I have to take care of everything. 🙂
Ok, leave that story. I am presenting you a sweet recipe which is full of Protein.
Before we start cooking, time to arrange the basic ingredients. You have to arrange three ingredients for Badam Mawa Barfi; Badam (Almond), Mawa/ Khoya and Cardamom. I take measure of ingredients for four people. Recipe cooking time is about 15 minutes.
Now, let’s start cooking.
Ingredients for making Badam Khoya Barfi recipe
Mawa/ Khoya- 250 grams
Almond (Badam) – 20
Sugar- 5 table-spoon
Cardamom powder- 1/2 table-spoon
Basic preparation for Badam Mawa Barfi
- Keep Mawa in room temperature for 10 minutes. Chop mawa in small pieces or grate it. Make sure you are using fresh Mawa or Khoya for this recipe.
- Make a rough powder of almond (Badam) with the help of grinder.
Method of making Badam Mawa Barfi
Step 1: Heat a heavy base pan. Add chopped Mawa and stir in continuity. Do this process on simmer gas flame.
Roast Mawa till it changes its color and start leaving ghee.
Step 2: Now add Almond powder and stir well. Add sugar and stir in continuity. Cook for next two minutes and then turn the gas off.
Step 3: Grease a plate with the help of ghee. Now pour this Mawa batter in plate. Spread it equally on plate and tab the upper side to make it smooth.
Step 4: Sprinkle some chopped almond on top. Now let it cool at room temperature for 10 minutes then transfer to fridge for Cooling.
Step 5: Check the plate, if batter is ready. Now cut it in different shapes as per your choice with the help of a knife.
Yours Badam Mawa Barfi is ready to serve.
Few useful tips
1) Check your Mava by tasting. If it’s sweet in taste, reduce the Sugar quantity.
2) Keep stirring Mawa while roasting. Make sure it will not catch the vessel base. If by mistake it caught Vessel base and start smelling like burnt. Do not scratch Mawa from Base. Turn the gas off immediately. Transfer the upper layer of Mawa in other pan. Mae sure you will not add burnt Mawa. Otherwise Barfi taste will ruin.
3) You can add Saffron (Kasar) to this recipe. Totally depends on availability and your wish.
4) I like Almond powder in roughly mode. You can even add finely powdered Almond in Badam Mawa Barfi recipe.